The “High Follow-Up Committee for Arab citizens of Israel” announced a general strike on Monday July 15th, and protests will take place in several Palestinian cities and villages, calling to stop “Prawer Plan”, which aims to displace Palestinian Bedouins in the Naqab (southern of historic Palestine).
The Plan is named after Ehud Prawer, Netanyahu’s director of planning, who headed the Prawer commission which discussed planing issues in the Naqab. The Prawer’s recommendation were approved by the government in September. Two weeks ago Prawer’s bill passed first reading in the Israeli Knesset.
For Palestinians the Nakba was never a one time event that happened 65 years ago. It’s an ongoing tragedy, ethnic cleansing and colonization never stopped. Implementing Prawer Plan, with whatever justifications Israel gives, should be viewed in that context.
The struggle to stop Prawer Plan should be massive and powerful, confrontation with the state is inevitable. This is not just the struggle of Palestinians 48, its the struggle of all parts of the Palestinian people against the same power that keeps us divided, continues to colonize our land and transfer our people, whether in lands occupied in 1967 or in 1948.
Prawer plan is also a good example for those questioning “Apartheid” in Israel and praising it’s “democracy”. It’s about time you understand that concrete action is needed, join Palestine solidarity movements and support efforts to Boycott, Divest and place Sanctions on Israel.
Call to action: you can raise awareness and mobilize in your city to stop Prawer Prawer plan. Organize protests, events, BDS actions etc.
Schedule for the Anger Strike events on Monday, July 15th, in Palestine:
- 10am central demonstration in Naqab
- 5pm Um Alfahem entrance
- 5pm Sakhnin, Mesgav junction
In the following locations, demonstrations will take place:
- 6pm Yafa, Clock Square
- 9pm Jerusalem, Damascus Gate
- 4pm Ramallah, Manarah Square
- 4pm Gaza, Unknown Soldier Square
- 4:30pm Hebron, Tal Rumeide
- 4pm Nablus, Shuhada Square
And in other locations will start 11am unless stated otherwise:
- Ara’ra entrance
- Baqa al-Gharbeya-Jat, indistrial zone
- Tira and Taybeh
- Nazareth, next to Big Fashion junction
- Reineh and Mashhad, Circle.
- Kufr Manda+Rumaneh+A’zeir, Tiberias-Kufr Manda Junction
- Shfa’amr+ Tamra+Ei’belin, Na’ameh junction
- Jdaydeh, Maker, Kufr Yasif, Ayadeiyeh junction.
- Majd Alkroum, Deir Alasad, Be’neh, Majd Alkroum enterance.
- Tarshiha and Me’lya junction
- Sunday July 14th 8:30pm Haifa, Emil Habibi Square.
Use social media to raise awareness as well. we are using Hashtags #StopPrawerPlan #AngerStrike and in Arabic: #برافر_لن_يمر و #اضراب_الغضب